Copper Mould Tube For CCM
Copper mould tubes are used as a cooling spare part for continuous casting machines.
The materials of copper mould tubes should be the ones with good tensile strength, fatigue strength, proper hardness, low elongation and high heat conductivity coefficient. As a result, material like phosphorous de-oxidize copper DHP,CUAG CR-ZR-CU are widely accepted by users of all countries.
Copper has lower hardness which leads to lower anti-abrasive property. Therefore, the area at the lower part of the moulds, where the stress increases drastically due to shells, will be more severely worn. To increase the life time of copper moulds, Uniform mould interior surface plating with suitable hardness is needed. We use hard chrome plating to increase the life of mould tubes. The plating thickness will be controlled in the best range. As for the coating of copper mould plates, based on our years of experience, we are able to provide Cr coating, Ni-Cr coating, Ni-Fe coating and Ni-Co-Cr coating to meet the demand of various customers both at home and abroad.
1. Please use the copper mould tubes within one year.
3. Keep the copper mould tubes away from acidic materials, especially the internal coating surface.
4. Polish the external surface of the copper mould tubes with sand paper if oxidized.
5. Pouring the molten steel to the center of the copper mould tubes
6. Avoid internal surface scratch of the moulds caused by manual operation.